Wednesday, 6 February 2013

First and Only - A Good book from Peter Flannery

First and Only - Peter Flannery


I never heard of Peter Flannery before so my expectations was not high. As far as I know this is his first published book. I was surprised. The writing style is easy and the story is interesting and there is a few interesting twists and turns. Flannery can be proud of his first book.

It tells the story of Psimon, who is a real life psychic. He can see the future, move objects with the power of his mind and read other peoples thoughts. Unfortunately for Psimon, he saw his own death in five days at the hands of an unknown killer only known as Lucifer. His only hope is Steve Brennus, an ex-SAS soldier whose personal life is in shambles. Will Steve be able to save Psimon from the hands of Lucifer?  The story is engaging, but there were a few aspects that bothered me. The main character is psychic with extreme powers. He can, for instance to control a submarine many miles away, or even bend a steel pipe telekinetically but he cannot remove a piece of rag from his mouth. It does appear strange that someone with his powers are so "powerless" at times in the story. Still, the book is a good read and I did enjoy the book a lot. I will not be surprised if Peter Flannery publish another book soon, and I even think it will be better. I look forward to reading more of his books in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment