Tuesday, 18 December 2012

What makes a young man kill?



The latest shooting incident in Newton shocked the world. Twenty-six people killed in one of the worst mass shootings in the US. I do not know how the families of the deceased will be able to pick themselves up again. For some the reality of what happened has not sunk in yet. Others will experience a feeling of disorientation and despair. 

The question on my mind is what caused Adam Lanza to do this? Perhaps we will never know what drove him, but I am saddened to just think about the pain and hurt his actions caused others. I see people experiencing grief regularly and I am always saddened by the depth of their pain. Some lost their beloved because of natural causes, others because of illness or old age, others lost their beloved in car accidents or other unexplained acts. The loss of a loved one is always a painful experience, but I suspect losing a loved one to a senseless act like this one creates a deeper pain and hurt.

My deepest sympathies to the families of the deceased... may you find peace... someday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment