Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Sometimes we live happily while others mourn


I just read the horrific news of two young men who fell to their deaths. According to the news report, they fell 100 feet while hiking outside North Bend. One was 18 years old while the other was only 16. Both died too young.

I just realize how quickly life could end. We have no guarantees in this life. It is important to live every moment to the fullest. We always say this, but we never take this advice to heart. Another sad reality is while there are two families out there wrecked by grief and mourning, I continue my life unaffected. Grief is one reality we choose to ignore, until death singles out someone we love. Then we look at the world going along merrily and wonder why nobody is stopping to share our grief. So today I decided to make a stop, if only for a few minutes, and think about these families. They do not know me, and I do not know them. They will never be aware that I took some time today to stop my life and think about them and pray for them. Perhaps it will make no difference to them, but it will make a difference to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment