Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Reading books for Teenagers :-D



 I wondered about reading a book mainly targeted at teenagers. I am almost 40 years old, but still this book hooked me and I found it hard to put down. I completed the book in 3 days and I must say it was good. I must however state that I was a bit intrigued by the brutal story line. The book can be quite terrifying at times and even disturbing at times. It is still a great story that is entertaining to read.

The story immediately conjured images of the old Arnold Schwarzenegger movie Running Man. Most of the targeted readers will not understand this reference, but the older people will. The Hunger Games is about a teenager who is forced to compete in a live-or-death competition. Twenty-four teenagers enters an arena and only one will come out alive.

There is some criticisms though. The characters are a bit flat and one-dimensional. If the author could have given the characters a little more depth, it would have made the book better. There is also some parts where the book is poorly written.

Still, any book that helps teenagers to discover the joys of reading should be praised. 

No comments:

Post a Comment